The Benefits of Parent Involvement
According to research, the most accurate predictor of a student's achievement in school is not income or social status but the extent to which that student's family is able to:
1. Create a home environment that encourages learning
2. Express high (but not unrealistic) expectations for their children's achievement and future careers
3. Become involved in their children's education at school and in the community
Benefits of Parental involvement for the Children
1. Children tend to achieve more, regardless of ethic or racial background, socioeconomic status, or parent's education level.
2. Children generally achieve better grades, test scores, and attendance.
3. Children consistently complete their homework.
4. Children have better self-esteem, are more self-disciplined, and show higher aspirations and motivation toward school.